Among the most anticipated political memoirs in years, (and already topping Amazon.com’s best-seller list), Michelle Obama’s ‘Becoming’ finally hits store shelves. Her rockstar like media blitz includes an already Taped Oprah interview slated to air this Thursday on the OWN network, excerpts of the book appearing in O, and Elle magazines and with tickets to her upcoming book tour set to hit major U.S cities quickly selling, the excitement around this project is palatable.
Still wondering if you should grab a copy and get in on the excitement? Here are 5 reasons we think you should:
- In her new book, she reflects on being America’s first African-American First Lady. A historic first shaped by compelling accounts.
- The former First Lady reveals intimate details about her marriage, including couples counseling, her miscarriages and use of in vitro fertilization (IVF) to conceive their two daughters.
- She reflects on her husbands darkest hour — when a gunman killed 20 students and 6 teachers.
- She explores Chicago (her beloved hometown) . . . It’s people, institutions, education, gentrification, race, and class
- She reflects on her legacy, her accomplishments and living under the intense scrutiny that comes with being First Lady.